GamerSpot
Hey! Please Register and feel free to talk around the forums, this is the best site for Gamers To Talk, So We need YOU to register we always accept new people to chat with us.

Thank You!
-GamerSpot Staff

Once you register Go Here and introduce your self to the forum
GamerSpot
Hey! Please Register and feel free to talk around the forums, this is the best site for Gamers To Talk, So We need YOU to register we always accept new people to chat with us.

Thank You!
-GamerSpot Staff

Once you register Go Here and introduce your self to the forum
GamerSpot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The #1 Site For Gamers!

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
We are going to a Different and better Forums - http://gamerspot.byethost17.com/

FBWalshy's Suspension on YouTube

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
ItsNOTJohnston
FBWalshy's Suspension on YouTube OwnerkForum Owner
ItsNOTJohnston

FBWalshy's Suspension on YouTube Vide
PostSubject: FBWalshy's Suspension on YouTube   FBWalshy's Suspension on YouTube EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 9:39 pm

Due to the recent news and lazy fixes.The premium source of Halo montages and Videos has been suspended.Since his E-mail is linked to FBWalshyFTW it was also suspended.From his blog he writes:

"YouTube is required by federal law to close down your account as soon as it accumulates 3 copyright strikes. You get copyright strikes when someone files a copyright claim on one of your videos, and since YouTube's copyright system fails, all claims are accepted automatically. All the music copyright infringement notices I got had NOTHING to do with this. Those were merely NOTICES saying that a certain video contained content from a certain music label and therefore it MAY have been violating copyrights. Anyways, my account, FBWalshyFTW had 2 legit copyright strikes prior to its suspension (one from an Ill Nino music video I posted in 07 and the other from a RvB video I posted in 08), and one day I got a copyright claim on an ODST walkthrough I had. Being my 3rd strike, it suspended my account and since my backup account, IAmGear61, is linked to the same email address as FBWalshyFTW, it got taken down as well. Long story short, I did some research and found out that the claim was illegitimate. I have now filed a counter claim, and my accounts should return within 10-14 days. In the meanwhile, I will be posting video's on HaloFuntage's Dancetage account and occasionally on my FBWalshyFTWReturns account. However, I'm very busy with college applications right now so uploads may be infrequent."

http://www.gear61sblog.blogspot.com/

He explains how the YouTube Copyright system blows nutsack:
"So, I've been doing some research on how copyrights, mainly the DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act), work on YouTube, and it turns out the system is very flawed (surprise?). Pretty much ANYONE can file a copyright claim on ANY video on YouTube without any substantial proof. And since YouTube is unwilling to dedicate any people to go over these claims and verify their legitimacy or illegitimacy, the claims are automatically approved, leaving the owner of the marked video (in this case that's me) to fend for himself. Now, I can file a counter claim, but in order to do that, I must provide YouTube with my full name, address, email address, and phone number. I also HAVE to give my real information because otherwise I'll be committing perjury. On the other hand, the accuser can simply provide a phony name, address, and phone number when he files the copyright claim, which actually happens quite often. Anyways, YouTube then sends my counter claim with all my personal information to the accuser who then decides whether or not to respond. If the accuser does not respond, the copyright strike will be dropped and my accounts reinstated (after like 10 days without a response or something), but he will have a lot of my personal information, enough to do some serious damage to me like stealing my identity. I'm not even sure if I get to face my accuser during this entire process. A LOT of people actually do abuse the system this way merely to gain the personal information of YouTube users who they have a grudge against. Anyways, I'm simply disappointed with the copyright system YouTube currently utilizes because it forces the accused to prove themselves innocent instead of forcing the accuser to prove the accused guilty like the way it should be. On top of that, it makes phishing much easier for the evil assholes out there, and some pretty bad things HAVE happened because of this. YouTube, I know that you guys are struggling to make a profit and that must be VERY frustrating, but you shouldn't just sell out your users to save yourselves time and cover your ass. At least make people accusing others of copyright violation provide some VALID credentials and VALID personal information before approving their claim."

So I checked his suspended channel and it was already 10 days but it is still SUSPENDED!
Back to top Go down

FBWalshy's Suspension on YouTube

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GamerSpot :: Machinima/Game News -
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com